Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, January 02, 2010

a lost day or 2

I've had some really severe leg pain lately -- wrenching cramps in my legs and feet that keep me from sleeping, keep me from moving, keep me from life, really.

I'm so lucky, though. I have an exceptional health care plan. I called the doctor's office today (Saturday) at 6 a.m., thinking I'd be routed to a nurse to talk to her. Instead I got an appointment to see my doctor at 8:15. It wasn't at her usual office (I had to drive about 20 minutes to get there instead of driving about 5 minutes) but I got in, they ran tests, she gave me a script for muscle relaxers, and I was home by 9:30.

It is SUCH a relief to (1) have a doctor I trust and (2) to be able to talk to her when I need to. I'm hoping we'll figure out what's wrong soon & I can get on with my life.

Speaking of which -- I've had a busy few days despite being stupid from lack of sleep. Met with my critique partner to get back on writing-track (her, not me), went to a film (that was a comedy of errors: crowded theaters, sold-out shows & brutally cold temperatures, but the film was worth it). Today the theater (real theater, not a movie), then tomorrow -- a WHOLE DAY of writing.

I am so ready for it!

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Happy New Year! Hope 2010 brings everything nice!