Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Habits of highly organized ....

No one can say I'm not organized -- I 've got 14 books out, I write every day, I work full-time, etc.

But I never realized what a time waster I volunteered for when I signed up for free email newsletters. My inbox used to have a bunch of these freebies from catalogs, web sites, etc. I never read them (much), usually just skimming them, but sorting through my email meant I had a time waster on my hands.

I also never realized how I used that as an excuse not to get writing or stay on-task. Now when I open my email queue, I need to look at what's in there. No more skimming -- that which remains is something I presumably want to read. So no more excuses there!

This was an eye-opening exercise & one that I plan to repeat at regular intervals: look at what I'm doing & decide if it's really working for me or not.

No comments: