Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, October 13, 2007

The nail biting continues



I heard from one editor about the full manuscript and the two-book proposal. She liked it, but felt I needed some edits. I can't whine about this because I did a two-week whirlwind rewrite on the book and didn't do my usual thorough check when finished. So I'll definitely consider her comments and possibly resubmit, if not to her then to someone else.

That leaves:

  • 1 book and proposals for 5 more on another desk
  • 2 finished manuscripts on an editor's desk
  • 2 finished manuscripts on another desk

In reality, it's 2 editors, 5 manuscripts, 7 proposals. I know, I know, I can hear you already: 'slow down, enough! There's not a fire, you can get these published eventually.'

I heard back from one publishing that while she liked the book, she felt I needed I'd like to get my promo things lined up for next year, I'd like to know if I need to research new publishers, I'd like to dust off my query letters if I have to. More than anything, I want to be SETTLED in one place and know that I've got some stability.

Ha! This is publishing! Fool....

No comments: