Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, October 06, 2007

A bad day at the lake ...



You know what they say. A bad day at the lake is better than a good day at the office.

And how true it is. I wouldn't say that I had a bad day, but it didn't go as planned. And it really was my fault.

We were going to do a bit of sightseeing. You'd think after coming here for ten years, we'd have seen everything (I mean, there just isn't that much to see around here), but, {surprise} we hadn't been to Vermillion Dam.

I consulted the map and it looked straightforward. Find County 24 and proceed until it ended, about 10 miles from the Canadian border (of course, everything here is about 10 miles from the border so that's no surprise).

What I failed to note was that the little road labeled '24' had sections that were colored and sections that weren't. As it turns out, those little colored segments indicate gravel.

I don't mind a bit of gravel road, but 20 miles of twisting, hilly, narrow, rutted, gravel all to get to ...

this. "Dam" is not quite what I would call it (see picture at right). Oh, it was pretty -- don't get me wrong, but ...

Still and all, it was another marvelous week Up North. You can't beat the sunsets, that's for sure. And like they say ...

a bad day at the lake is better than ...

To see more pictures, go to my LiveSpace page at:

http://jlwilsonauthor.spaces.live.com/


No comments: