Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blogging musings


Why do I blog?

I had an offer from a somewhat well-known site to add a link from their blog to mine. This is a Good Thing because it means traffic would find me. However, the 'rules' for the linking are that the site has to be about romance novels.

Well, gee. Basic honesty forces me to admit that this blog is mainly about me whining about life, publishing and writing. And since I write mysteries (which admittedly have some romance in them), does that count? Maybe I'm agonizing over this a bit too much, but I am hesitant to ask for a link ... although I may change my mind, who knows?

In other news, I SOLD ANOTHER BOOK. I haven't been advertising this one much because while I signed the contract, I haven't gotten my signed copy back from the publisher and it ain't real until I see the handwriting on the page. This is another third-person suspense book and is one of my personal favorites. I really like this characters a lot.

So let's see, where am I?

Publisher One: verbal acceptance of two more manuscripts in addition to the two already contracted or out considering a new paranormal series

Publisher Two: contract signed for another book and assurances that another book would be looked on with favor one book under consideration for History Patrol series and proposals in for six more

Publisher Three: considering yet a different book

So ... the nail biting continues, but not as ferociously, I guess ....


No comments: