Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Sunday, July 01, 2007

I missed my blog day!



I did something yesterday I haven't done in a long, long time.

I read a book.

Yep. I sat down and read a book. I haven't done that since ... last year maybe? I've just been too busy writing and researching and chatting and ... well, you get the idea. Those of you who know me know that reading a book a day was nothing for me. In fact, it was a regular occurance.

I wish I could say it was time well spent but it wasn't. It was from one of my favorite authors, but her last 4 or 5 books have all been so different than her earlier ones (and there's about 18 books in the series). I get the feeling she's struggling with her writing any more. I still love to read about the characters but the plots feel weak and thin.

But I've come back to my writing energized and ready to go.

Once I read the 100 or so emails I have stacked up.

No comments: