Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Life has a way of happening ...



I had this really great idea yesterday for a blog post.



I was sitting at my computer, working on my WIP (which is going really great, thanks for asking), and I thought "{insert great thought here}".


Yep. I lost it. See, I was sitting at my computer but I was also doing laundry, playing with the cat, working on my WIP, and answering email. A typical day for me.


So I got up to put the clothes into the dryer. Then I stumbled over the scratching post and stubbed my toe. Stubbed? Nope. I think it's broken. I may go to the doctor tomorrow for confirmation, but man oh man, it hurts. I taped it up and am hobbling around today.

By the time I got back upstairs and was sitting at my computer, the Great Thought was gone, vanished, into the ether. So you're stuck with this post about the Great Post that might have been.

I was grumbling about it today, thinking, "Man, that was a great idea. I wish I could remember what it was. It was great. If only life hadn't gotten in the way of ..."

Then I realized. Life got in the way of ... life. It's one of those Zen things. You know -- "be one in the moment, enjoy the moment," etc.

It's all part of the big game of Life, even breaking my toe on the scratching post. Enjoy it. It's the only one we get (well, not really. Not if you write reincarnation stories like I do, which leads me to ....)

The next release. Coming soon to a publisher near you. My reincarnation time travel romance. "Forgiveness" releases in two months, and I'm already anticipating it. It's going to be a tough one to explain to people, but for those who discover it, it will be fun, I promise.

More on that later. For now, though ... prop up the foot and hope for the best.

And watch out for those scratching posts.....


No comments: