Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Running in place


Busy at work, busy at home, busy here at my computer.

I don't know how it happened, but I have deadlines everywhere ... well, except at home, of course. But what happened was, last weekend what was supposed to be a minor rearrangement of my office space turned into a two-day reorganization, complete with new furniture, new bookcases, etc.

I'm one of those people who can't pause until it's all put away the way I like. I LOVE it now, but I was offline for almost 2 days.

That means I had about 150 email messages waiting for me, excerpts to post on web sites, a newsletter to get out for my local chapter, and -- oh yeah -- I wrenched my back so I missed a day of work. And that meant I had to get there a bit early today (for me, that's REALLY early, as in 4:30 in the morning) to get caught up on what I missed. We're on deadlines there, too.

I also have to work on my pitches for a conference coming up (pitching my books [and me] to an agent and editor), think about what to pack, get promo materials ready to go, and ...


Oh, yeah. I'VE GOT A BOOK COMING OUT ON THURSDAY. I can't upload that image because I haven't had a chance to resize it yet. But that means I have to start the whole promo thing over again, update my web site (note to self), make lists ...

Juggle juggle juggle.

No comments: