Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, May 12, 2007

we have a cover!


Yea! The cover for my first book. Man, I was sweating bullets over this cover. An author has very little input into the design, so I wasn't sure what I'd get. I've seen some bad covers in my day, and there's a story about a writer who hated the guy on her cover so much she put a sticky-smiley-face on him at a book signing [which sold more books, of course]. I was so worried I'd get something that didn't reflect what was in the book. I made my requests and hoped for the best.

So when I got this I was happy. It's got all the clues: the computer, the brownies, the coffee cup on the desk, the wycinanki (that's 'paper-cutting art' to you folks who haven't read the galley proof).

The other tricky part of this is that I write for 3 publishers. I'm hoping they will all look somewhat similar. I know, I know -- what are the odds? But I can hope, right?

For now, I am basking in the glow of my first cover.

No comments: