Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, May 19, 2007

the intervention of the outside world

I had a stressful week in publishing this week. No details here on a public forum, but I've become a bit disillusioned with the whole process. Not so disillusioned that I'll quit, but enough that I'll re-evaluate my future and maybe make some changes in direction. Enough said on that subject.

A bright spot in all this was the intervention of the outside world. I met a key figure in my Other Job (the day job that pays the bills). As you know if you've followed this blog, my company was consumed by another a few months ago. We are now part of a mult-national, giga-huge corporation. It's been a bit stressful -- new forms to fill out, new equipment to install, new processes to learn.

Anyway, a Higher Up came out to visit. We all met with him then went out to lunch, getting a good chance to schmooze. I was very, very impressed. It's been my experience with these things that when the Upper Echelon comes to schmooze, it's hard to believe they're really sincere. But I was impressed with him. He seemed to honestly want us to (1) be happy and (2) understand their reasonings and processes.

It was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise stressed-out, cloudy week. Here's hoping .....

No comments: