Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Finally ... a direction!


I mean for my latest WIP (Work in Progress).


I've been sort of struggling lately, not sure where it was going. This happens sometimes ... I get some characters in my mind, a few scenes, and I start to put it down on paper but I don't know where it's going.


This one had me worried because it's a time travel book, so the plot is always a bit more complicated than a straightforward murder story. I wasn't sure where it was going, but I've got it whipped now. I know how it's going to end.


Whew. I was worried for a while. Now that I know how it's going to end, I can march forward to that point. Now I have a time frame and I know my characters have to be put into certain situations in order for it to end as I want.


Now it's just a matter of getting it all written.


Easier said than done ...

No comments: