Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

There's writing and then there's writing


Odd disconnect for me yesterday.


I went to a professional writing conference -- my 'other' writing, one for technical writers. I've spent the last 3 years going to fiction writing conferences, so this was totally different.


I found it very energizing to listen to people doing research in the field and to talk with others who are coping with very similar problems that we're coping with. I think I've been to so many fiction writing conferences lately and have been focusing on promo and 'business', this was refreshing to talk about writing. These people just want to research and present information in the most appropriate and appealing way -- which is similar to what I'm doing in my 'other' career. It was great to find the similarities and the differences.


Now back to the 'the other' writing'.


No comments: