Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, March 03, 2007

It's been one of those weeks






It started with all that snow on Sunday and it just never slowed down. The Sunday blizzard lasted into Monday, and made life slow going because of icy streets, etc.

Once we got shoveled out from that storm, another one hit. This one came on Thursday and we got 16" on top of the foot or so we already had. I tried to drive in to the office, and had to turn around and go home and work from home for a few hours. Then I got to the office and the snow started coming down, so I turned around again and came back home, where I worked for Thursday and Friday. I'm lucky I can do that, believe me, I know.

The stressful thing about it is I've got these huge deadlines at work, and everything got complicated with the Big Changeover. On Thursday my company was totally acquired (that is, all the paperwork finished up) by another company. So I got a blizzard of email in addition to the blizzard of snow. All of it pointed to web sites and things to do, which of course I couldn't do because I was at home, in a snow blizzard.

It kept snowing all Thursday and into Friday, so I didn't venture out until Friday afternoon and I didn't drive to work, I just stayed in the neighborhood, sort of testing the roads, which were icy and snow-packed. So all that important paperwork is going to have to wait until Monday because I am booked solid for the weekend -- I've got a sick kitty I need to try to get to the vet, if they'll squeeze me in, a play to go to this afternoon, a meeting tomorrow, a spouse to drive to the airport ...

Thank goodness I'm caught up on my writing. I've turned in all my rewrites so I can be in composition mode, but with all this cr*p on my plate, I haven't felt like composing. I'm hoping it will quiet down by next week and life will approximate normal.

If it's not one thing, it's another ...

No comments: