Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Just when you think it's all under control ...

Remember how I posted about how I know now how not to worry?

Wrong!

As I have whined about before, my company was consumed by MegaCorp. MegaCorp decided to combine our software with theirs and have a release of said software right now -- as in, a month after our merger. We'd planned to release this software this summer. So all of a sudden, my release dates CHANGED pretty drastically. That's why I've been nose-to-grindstone for the last 6 weeks.


But I got it done. This week I was verifying: clicking through the product, checking that I had really gotten it all documented, when I found ...

Screens I had never seen. A moment of panic ensued. WhereTheHellDidThatComeFrom? I talked to the tester on the product and she was bemused. "Hmm. I've seen that before but I don't remember where or when."

Good. That means it hasn't been tested. So I shouldn't panic too much. We went to talk to the project leader and he laughed. "Oh, no. Users won't see that. We'll hide it."

Well, we're a week away from shipping the product. COULD WE HIDE IT ALREADY AND NOT GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK?

Back to no worry mode.





No comments: