Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Isn't it spring yet?


I shoveled for 2.5 hours on Sunday.

We didn't get much snow on Saturday, just a dusting. When I went to bed I figured the weatherpeople had exaggerated again and the so-called blizzard wouldn't arrive.

Woke up on Sunday, looked outside. It's deceptive, you see. It's sort of hard to tell how deep the snow is on the drive and in the back yard, well, it's all woods, so it never looks deep out there.

I figured I'd drive over to the gym, work out then come back and shovel.

Opened the garage door and stepped outside. Snow up to my knee.

Hmm. I shoveled for half an hour and took a half-hour break. Shoveled for another half-hour, another break. Then one last half-hour. Keep in mind that I don't have a big driveway. It's about 1.5 car wide and 2 car long. Not huge. But huge enough.

Luckily the wind wasn't blowing too much so nothing drifted over. We're supposed to get some more tonight and through Friday. Heck, I don't care. I brought my laptop home and if it gets bad, I'll wimp it out and work from home. I've got more than enough work to keep me busy.

Why couldn't my Florida conference be in March instead of April? I could use a dose of sunlight right now ...

J

No comments: