Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Don't tell me worry doesn't do any good.



I know worry does some good.

The things I worry about never happen.

Like today. We were supposed to have snow. Not major snow, not like the poor folks out East (Pittsburgh is forcast to get 2' --that's 24" -- of snow. I used to live in Pittsburgh. I can well imagine the gridlock that will shut that town down.)

No, we were supposed to get a paltry few inches, but last week we got about 4" of snow and life got a bit miserable. So I worried about it.

I didn't sit around and fret, but I didn't sleep well, tossed and turned and woke up (as usual) at 3:30 or so and looked outside.

No snow.

Well, good.

I'm one of those people who wake up and I'm AWAKE. There's no going back to sleep for me. So I got up, went to the gym, did my workout with the other 3 or 4 people who are also insomniacs, and came home to get ready for work.

No snow.

Still good.

I drove to work and logged in to my computer system.

"Snow has shifted south, we might get flurries."

See -- what did I tell you? The things I worry about just don't happen ... Heck, I should get paid for being the Snow Prevention Catalyst.

Yeah. Don't I wish.

J

No comments: