Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, February 17, 2007

I think I know what's been missing ...


I've been feeling a bit panicked lately, wondering if I should sign up for this promo opportunity or that one, should I buy a banner ad here or there, should I ...

I think I know what's happening.

I don't have a Plan.

I have notes on what I should do ("sign up on X web site for a banner ad for June"), etc., but I don't have the overall plan.

So that's my goal for the weekend: come up with a Print Book Marketing Plan and an Ebook Marketing Plan.

I feel better just thinking about it. I think if I can nail down a checklist of things to do ("Order bookmarks", "schedule meetings with librarians", etc.) and get the timeframe for them, then I can use those checklists for all the books coming out, refining it as I go. I'll still use the Master Notebook (that huge notebook that has my calendar, misc. notes, etc.) but this will be more of an overall thing.

Yep. That's the Weekend Goal. Another goal is to dig into a new book. I haven't written anything new for almost a month, and it's making me a bit crazy. I love to write but I've been pulled away from it to do this promo stuff. I need to get back to it.

I'll report back on Tuesday how well I do ...

J

No comments: