Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Funny how that works

I didn't get as much writing done while I was on vacation, but I did the story and the characters seated firmly in my brain. That's really important: sometimes when I start a book, I just have a general feeling for the people & the plot. Then I go back and layer in the details.

But the best books are the ones where the characters are always there, in the back of my brain, and that's what happened while I was out of town. I had ample free time to just muse about them, imagine them in different situations, and get them firmly in my head.

So now it's just a matter of writing down their story!

Oh, and yes: the kitties missed us. Opie is very needy and won't let me out of his sight (he's on my lap now), and Pandora is even being affectionate. And Houdini followed me around yesterday until he was sure we were home for real. Then he lapsed back into his usual unconcern. Mia has bounced around from place A to place B, always coming back to check that we're still here.

So nice to be missed.....

No comments: