Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hello from the Canadian border

On vacation this week! Whooee! Yesterday was windy, rainy, and raw, but a bad day on the lake is better than a good day at work any time. Today promises to be partly cloudy and cool but hey -- I'm 50 miles from the Canadian border and it's almost October. OF COURSE it's cool.

There's a good thing/bad thing this year at the resort where we stay. And it's why you're reading this blog. They have WiFi now in all the cabins.

Good thing: I can stay caught up on email, especially since I get no satellite service here and thus can't read email on my Blackberry. Bad thing: I get to read email. When we came on vacation in years past it truly was a 'get away from it all' event because there's no phone in the cabin, no TV (one channel from Canada), and no Internet.

Now we have WiFi, we have satellite TV, and I can use the phone with my phone card.

Sigh. Progress, I guess. And yes, I could just not use the WiFi. But I much prefer to stay caught up on email. I get 200-300 emails a day and if I can just keep it under control I don't come home to a queue of 900 messages (yes, that's happened to me).

So I'll get caught up on my mail, eat a cookie, drink my coffee, and look at the loons out on the lake. Yes. Life is good.

No comments: