Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

There are just some days ...

I had one of those "things just don't go right" days at work today. It just grated on my nerves to be there. First of all, we've been battling a leaky ceiling (not sure what's in there to leak, but something is), so I heard drip--drip--drip for about six hours.

Then I was worried about my kitty, Pandora. She went in for the Big Surgery and while I was sure she'd be fine, I worried. And worried. And am still worried because she's not home -- she's with the vet overnight because *he's* worried about her.

Then I was trying to use a piece of software which was designed by idiots and ... Okay, I won't go into more details but suffice it to say I asked for help from my group. I was pointed to the Help System on the software, which I had already read. That's why I asked for help: I couldn't find what I was looking for. Grr. What I've been doing lately is writing my own documentation about how to do things because the info we have to use is so cumbersome. This will become a new chapter. Grr.

Then I went shopping at noon to look for a rug (long story) and didn't fnd what I wanted. Plus it's hot today. It's mid-September. It's not supposed to be hot. I don't like hot.

I went back & forth to the vet 4 times in 2 hours, and I'm SO relieved Pandora is home with the vet tonight -- he'll keep a good eye on her. But I am still worried....

Let's hope tomorrow is better. If not, you may see an eruption just south of the Twin Cities...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very "savage" of you. heh.

Keep us informed about Pandora. And you can't say "long story" and then not promise to tell it.

Spit it out.