Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Am I a writer?

I haven't written much in the last three days, which doesn't like much to you, I know. But to me that's a very weird feeling, to not be working on my WIP.

I've been working on this MS for 2 months now and that's about my limit. 3 months is stretching it, and I'm starting my 3rd month. I'm on chapter 13 and I'm anticipating 18 chapters, so I'm on the downhill stretch. And I think it's hanging together well, so I don't expect a lot of edits.

It's just that life has gotten in the way. I'm a nomad right now, lugging my laptop from room to room as we do construction and that's really put a crimp in how I write. It's been interesting to see how much that's affected me, actually. I used to think I could write just about anywhere, and while I can, I'm finding I do my best work sitting in one spot, with my Stuff around me and my notes close at hand.

Oh well. The construction is almost done and so is the book. My new goal is to wrap it up in two weeks, before I go to my first big conference of the year. I think it's doable. If only the sawing and hammering abates a bit ...

No comments: