Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Looming deadlines can be useful


Perhaps it's the effect of my new home office, or maybe it's the fact I'll be leaving next week for a big conference, but I'm making excellent progress on my Work in Progress. I set a mental goal to have the WIP finished before I leave, and I have 3 chapters to go (or what I think will be 3 chapters. May be 2, may be 4 -- we'll see how the plot shakes out).

I'm also doing edits for my new editor at my new publisher, going back and forth between New Book/Old Book. This is working out excellently because Old Book precedes New Book: the main characters in New Book were secondary characters in Old Book, so I'm able to use little tidbits from my editing in the New Book.

My very laudable goal is to have the book back to my editor and my New Book tucked away when I take off for the conference. That way I can come back, start afresh on a new project, then revisit the finished manuscript with a fresh eye in a few weeks.

Can she do it?

Stay tuned and find out. I'll post a progress report on Saturday ...

1 comment:

Donna Caubarreaux said...

If anyone can do it you can!