Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, September 15, 2007

New computer, new organization


I got a new laptop yesterday (this image is a bit misleading). So I had to spend some time fiddling with it.
It's got the newest Windows operating system, which will take some getting used to. I also bought some software to easily transfer files from Old Computer to New Computer. I hooked it all up and got a message: "This may take hours, please plug in your computer so it can remain fully charged."
Hours? No no no. I just needed a few files here and there transferred. Hemingway (the New Computer) will not be used for Internet use or pictures or any other stuff. It's just for Writing.
I went back to the tried & true method: SneakerNet. I copied things on a memory stick, then copied them over to Hemingway.
Sometimes the Old Ways are the Good Ways.

No comments: