Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Juggling can be fun!


While swimming on Sunday (my normal exercise option for the weekend), I get a lot of thinking done. Last Sunday while paddling in the pool I mapped out my strategy for my upcoming submissions.


I have X number of books currently drafted, most in 3rd person format. But I prefer working in 1st person. So .. which can I re-task? Then I had a stroke of ... no, not genius but perhaps ephiphany (spelling? you get the idea).

One book that I wasn't sure what to do with (3rd person? 1st?) is really a prequel to another book that's already done and polished. That book is 1st person.

Voila (or walla, to give it the American spelling), that prequel book must be re-tasked to 1st person.


So I started nipping at it and ran into problems. Doubt, waver, question: should I re-task it?


Yes! I must. It's a match to another 1st person book.


Go back to work, grumbling, and LIGHT BULB GOES OFF. I know how to do it.


I just LOVE it when inspriation strikes.


No comments: