Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Happy happy rewrite!



Yea! I finished it. And it's pretty darn good if I do say so myself (and I do).

It meant that I had to really think outside the box -- or, rather, outside the plot. I nuked the ending, eliminating 3 chapters (which I will use in the follow-on book), I introduced a new character who plays a major role at the end (and will play a role in the 2nd book), and I reworked the hero/heroine so they're more believable and consistent.

I hope.


See, that's the problem with writing -- you won't know if you succeeded until the agent or editor reads it.


I'm going to let it sit for a few days, go back and read it for egregious errors, then send that bad boy off.


Fingers crossed .... again.


In a rather sad note, tomorrow is the anniversary of my first contract offer ... with a publisher no longer in business. But on a happy note: I can still sell that book elsewhere!


No comments: