Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hanging out in Nashville

I'm on the road again, this time in Nashville at a conference.

So far ... I'm not sure if it'll be good. I've only been to one workshop and I was impressed with it, but it seems like the conference isn't that well organized. We'll see how it goes today.

Weather? Hot and humid (duh. Tennessee in summer). I had dinner last night with an old friend from MN who is now living here, so that was good to see her and get caught up. We went to a little bar and had macaroni and cheese & shepherd's pie. Unusual and yummy.

Today: workshops, then we're on our own for dinner (that came as a surprise). We have a rental car, though, so we'll drive out and see what looks interesting. Then back on the road tomorrow to head for home.

I was scheduled to go to one more con this year, but I think I'm going to cancel it. I don't think I'm getting what I need from these conferences, so I'm going to rethink my priorities. Always a good thing.

I'll fill you in on details on Tuesday when I'm back. Until then, stay cool!

No comments: