Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The joys of airports


I had 3 hours to kill at the Denver airport (long story). So I walked all the terminals: A, B & C. I also people-watched and made notes as I did so, garnering several good possible characters for a book.

I also saw a plot unfold: I eavesdropped on an arguing couple. They were in one row of seats in the waiting area and I saw behind them. They were low-voiced, but I caught the gist of the argument. It was a doozy and I didn't envy them the opportunity to sit next to each other on a long flight first to Florida then from there to Europe. It was going to be a long, long trip.

When life hands you long waits in strange airports, gather your plots while you can. I now have an idea for a murder on a plane and people who have all kinds of motive. Why do these mystery plots keep falling in my lap? I'm jotting down the ideas so I don't lose them as I work on my other 2 books, which are going surprisingly good. I have 2 full weeks in town and I hope to make considerable progress before my next trip (a road trip this time).

But who knows? An airport mystery might be in my near future....

No comments: