Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, August 18, 2007

It's all just a matter of attitude ...


and time.


There it is again ... time.

I finished a manuscript so I'm taking a breather from writing and focusing on other things: mainly promo, but some catch-up, too.

Normally I just hurry these kinds of things as fast as I can. I hate balancing my checkbook, noting things on my spreadsheet, updating my web site, etc. But now that I have time to do it, it's not so bad. Maybe I need to give myself a day off a week from my writing just to do this kind of busy work. The problem, of course, is that when I'm writing, I hate to take time away from the plot. I like to stay 'in the zone' and get through it all (see previous post about how I write quickly).

Perhaps it's all a matter of savoring the moment. I know, that sounds suspiciously Zen, doesn't it? But maybe I just need to keep reminding myself that it's all a part of the larger thing called Life and I need to try to enjoy whatever I'm doing when I'm doing it.

Hmm. On the path to enlightment? I'm not sure, but I have another book simmering in the back of my brain. So I'd better get done blogging and get back to catching up before I get 'in the zone' again.

No comments: