Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I thought it would be easy ...


I decided to edit the manuscript that I 'owed' to an editor from my conference trip in July. Now that my latest WIP is done, I'd have time to glance through it, make a few minor corrections, then ship it off.

Wrong! The book just didn't seem right to me. I wasn't proud of it. Sentences were awkward, I have some POV problems, and it took too long to get the reader involved in the plot. I felt as though scales had dropped from my eyes and I was seeing it for the first time.

Damn. That means I have to rewrite. I thrashed around for a day or so then I decided to bite the bullet and really REWRITE. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it as best I can. The basic plot is strong and the characters are strong, but I need to cut cut cut.

Back to the drawing board ... again.

No comments: