Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Monday, February 07, 2011

Back in town and ready to work

I just got back from Love Is Murder, a great little conference in Chicago. I know: Chicago in February. Argh! But despite the mild travel headaches, it's a great conference.

Why? I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and I think LIM has the 3 things I really want in a conference:
the chance to interact with readers, one on one
a small group of authors, some with small press and others 'big' names: a nice mix of authors
a relaxed atmosphere, where I can hang out with readers and my peers

I'm tired of conferences that are all about promotion, or conferences where there's an "us" vs. "them" mentality (the Big Guys and the Small Guys).

Yep. Because of this weekend, I'm rethinking my conference plans for the year. What a great side effect from a good weekend!

No comments: