Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Monday, February 14, 2011

yes, it's confirmed: I don't belong here

I just got back from a visit to my hometown. This is the first time back since my Mom's funeral, and I wasn't sure how it would feel. After all, it's not really 'home' any more, is it?

Nope. It is home. Yes., it was odd being there without seeing her. But it also felt right -- that's my home, where I grew up, where my friends still live. I have friends here, but there's no friend like an old friend and I have several there. I love walking around town, I love the layout of the place, I like the feel.

It confirmed for me what I've been considering for a long time. I don't belong here. I belong there.

Now to make it happen.

No comments: