Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A consequence of relaxation

An unintended consequence of taking a bit of time away from my writing has been that I'm wondering if I want to continue writing.

Let me hasten to say I suspect I *will* continue to pursue publication. I just may do it on a different timeline and in a different manner. I'm finding that the goals I once had are no longer valid for me. I don't have interest in those things: finding an agent or a bigger venue for my books. They just don't interest me. I don't want to promote hither-and-yon about new releases. I want to do some quiet blogging, chatting, and talking about them.

So I'm setting about creating a new set of goals. I'm hoping to have a new idea in mind of where I want to go within a week or two. I'll give myself 2 years to reach the milestones on the list. At the end of 2 years, I'll check again where I am and see if I'm close, if I care, etc.

It's all so very interesting, this publishing ride of mine....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KC said...

I stumbled across this blog on the FF&P site and related to this entry. I have had the whole weekend to write and instead I spent it eating and watching an entire season of Hawthorne. Really? Is this how I want to spend my time? The looking for new goals resonated with me. I also like a challenge and writing was that. How to put it on the page, how to plot, active write. I am not saying that I have everything figured out or that I can't improve, but the excitement of writing has been lost to me. Did you get your excitement back, what did you do to motivate yourself. Sometimes I wonder if the sacrifices are worth it.

J L said...

I am slowly re-finding my goals, but it's been tough. I'm working on a challenging book and a challenging series of books (which I've been picking at for years). I have to admit, though, the old 'thrill' is lost. I'm hoping I'll get my mojo back when the seasons change. Maybe it's a summer thing, like allergies.

I hope.