Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

The best laid plans ...

I'm working on a new book and this one was giving me fits -- I just couldn't get the groove on the book.

When that happens, I've found that all I need to do is unconnect from the world for a bit and FOCUS like crazy. If I do that, then I can usually find my way through the morass that's holding me back.

It happened again. I let my mind wander (the best way to focus) and I came up with what I think is an excellent way to tie my secondary character in this book to a previous book. By doing that, I open up a new world of possibilities in how I can have the plot move.

Lack of focus is a good thing sometimes!

No comments: