Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Green thumb day

There were a couple of empty spots in my garden that were just begging for plants, so I finally went to the local landscape center and got some plants. After 45 minutes of intensive work, they're in and my back is killing me.

When did gardening become hard work? I exercise regularly but man, that 1/2 hour of digging and planting almost did me in. This is why I pay someone to come out twice a year and prep my garden for me. I forgot how hard he works, but this was a great reminder.

I'm making excellent progress on my 2-books-at-once, but it's slower than I would like. I've got so many other things interrupting me. I would love to have an evening when I can just write, but it just isn't happening any time soon. I'm hoping July will give me some creative time.

Until then, I'll peck away at it and enjoy those plants which will be blooming soon. And maybe take my laptop out on the porch and enjoy the summer up close. It's a fleeting time here in Minnesota and meant to be savored.....

No comments: