Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Home again, home again ....

I've been to California several times, but usually it was northern CA, in Silicon Valley. This was my first time in L.A. I've been to San Diego but never as far north as L.A.

Traffic. Oh.My.God. Traffic. I couldn't believe it. We were in bumper-to-bumper traffic almost the entire time we were there. It was 2 in the afternoon, and it was like rush hour. I don't know how people stand it. My niece's husband said that he just checks the GPS before leaving the house to figure out the best route. And he usually changes routes in mid-trip.

But all in all, it was a good time. My sisters and I had a good time hanging out with the younger kids, and they had a good time hearing us talk about 'the old days'. The baby shower went off with just a few tiny hitches (nothing major), and a lot of gifts were given. My niece is Great With Child, probably basketball-sized, and she's not due for another seven weeks or so.

It was fun to get away, but my it was nice to get home! The plane flight, long though it was, went faster with my Itouch to keep me company. I watched a movie and read a couple of books all on my little gadget -- such a deal -- how did I travel without it before?

So back to writing, back to promotion, back to work. Until the next trip this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, JL. I love seeing family too, but it's always nice when it's over again. :)