Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Friday, April 24, 2009

... and gone again, gone again


I'm on the road on Saturday, so figured I'd post early. I'm off to visit my Mom in rainy Iowa and also to meet some high school buddies for coffee. Should make for an interesting trip.

I'm happy to get away right now. Work has been stressful lately. The work itself isn't bad but the office politics is a bit weird right now. Our small company was bought by a Mega Company a few years ago, and while we've all adjusted, it's not a happy place a lot of the time. This is one of those times. I keep repeating to myself: 'it's a job. It's a salary. It's just a few more years until retirement.' That helps, sometimes.

The good thing is, I have a fantastic boss who is willing to do what she can to make life better for us all. So I will knuckle down like a good little soldier and do my part. I may not grin, but I'll bear it.

So it's good to get away right now. In fact, the more I can get away, the better {wink}. I have the sort of job where I really don't have to be in the office to get it done, and I may take advantage of that in the future. For now, though ... it's spring, things are greening up, and I can get away from it all for a couple of days. I'll pop a CD into the changer and sing along with Eric Clapton as I drive to Iowa. And keep reminding myself .... it's just a job. It's a salary. It's just a few more years ....

No comments: