Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm officially tired of winter


Yes, it's true. Even me, eternal optimist, is getting tired of it. And you know what -- it's not winter itself, it's the uncertainty of winter.


I hate schlepping my laptop home in case it snows. I hate not being able to make plans in case it snows. I hate prefacing every conversation with "Weather permitting, I can do that."


Yep. It's getting loooonnnnng. Of course, it is useful in a way. I'm incorporating the brutal cold into a book, and it made for some interesting research... If a person freezes to death because of carelessness on the part of someone, is that person charged with reckless endangerment?


Involuntary manslaughter? There are fine lines between them all.


So I guess winter is useful after all. But it's still way too long.


No comments: