Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Friday, January 18, 2008

The oddness that is MySpace


I've got a page on MySpace (nothing really fancy, but there), and I'm finding the whole "friends" thing very interesting. I'm getting requests for 'friending' from people who saw my profile on someone else's page, etc.

I think this HAS to be good for networking. I have a counter that tells me my profile has been viewed about 600 times in a month, which is sort of cool, and I've got about 300 friends (also sort of interesting). Of course, those who've been on here for a while have 1000s, but that defeats the purpose, doesn't it? I mean, how can you be friends with a 1000 people?

As I continue my publishing journey, I'm finding all of these venues that I knew existed, but had no idea how they work. Maybe that's why I enjoy this publishing stuff so much .... every time I turn around, there's a new thing to learn around the corner. I wonder if it will ever get old?
Nah.

No comments: