Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The first inkling of a Pig Promotion



yes, it's true. The Pig Book might finally see the light of day.

This reminds me of the story I just saw on the BBC web site, that "The Three Little Pigs" was changed to "Three Little Builders" in order not to offend any Muslim readers (don't get me started). But the "Three Little Builders" might offend those in the building trades, casting a slur on their profession, etc.

Yes. Don't get me started.

Back to MY Pig Book. This is the Orphan Book, which was contracted by the Now Bankrupt publisher and which languished for a year and a half, looking for a new home.

Well, on February 29, it will FINALLY be shown to the world. I think this is one of my best books (although I have to admit, my heroine in Murder at the State Fair is really my most unique one). But this book has a special place in my heart because it only took me about 3 weeks to write and my readers (critique partners, etc.) have all fallen in love with it. Heck, I've sold it twice, it must be good.

So stay tuned for Candy, Corpses and Classified Ads. It's coming .... I hear the sound of those pig hoofbeats in the distance ... (not that's a weird image, eh?)

No comments: