Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh, I cringed!

Didn't you feel sorry for the Olympic engineer whose design didn't work during the opening ceremonies? There they all were, standing there with their torches, waiting for that thing to rise out of the earth & nothing happened...I'm sure they didn't practice for that contingency, so given the circumstances, I think it went on very nicely, but oh, I cringed for them all!

It's odd how we do that, isn't it? I cringe during movies when someone is embarrassed, I close my eyes so I don't have to see something humiliating, I wince when someone is hit or hurt on television. I'm one of those people who don't really laugh when I watch the Three Stooges. Instead I wince when they whap each other on the head. I just don't get the humor in slapstick.

I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of wincing and averting my eyes during the Olympics. Heck, I've been known to peek through my fingers at figure-skating routines so I don't have to see some poor person take a tumble & have those dreams go ::zap:: vanish.

I'm grateful for the distraction of the Olympics, though. I'm getting very, very tired of winter and the Olympics will carry us through the remaining weeks of February. Then it's March and spring is finally in sight -- in the distance, but in sight. I am so looking forward to the chance to drive here to visit my Mom & not have to keep an eye on weather forecasts to determine when I can safely drive home. I've always said I don't mind the weather, I just hate its unpredictability.

And I'm sure the people who are running the Olympics would LOVE to have some of our weather. Let's all focus our minds and push all snow towards them...

one, two, three ... PUSH

No comments: