Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Belated blogging again

I'm working at home lately because I have a cold & thus the structure of my days has gone awry. Funny how having a schedule like that keeps everything on track.

It's just a cold/cough thing, but it's a wearisome. I always work longer hours when I work at home, so I've been logged in pretty continuously since Monday night. We're on a deadline, etc., etc., and I want to make sure I do my part.

I got disheartening news from the agent I pitched to that they don't want my stuff. It wasn't because of the writing but they didn't think I had strong enough sales from my previous books. I pointed out that all of my books are sold "by hand" (i.e., through my own efforts) but apparently that wasn't good enough. Oh well. It was an accident that I pitched to this agent anyway, and I'm starting to wonder how viable a career in print publishing will be in a few years. So ... whatever!

I'm returning to what I used to love to do: writing because I want to write. Yes, I always write books I want to write, but I'm returning to a series that I'm not sure will be publishable. I've come full circle, I guess. And you know what? I'm having a blast! This will be one of the biggest challenges of my writing career, so it's hard, but it's also a lot of fun. I'll post regularly about how it's going.

And that's the news from the Cold Front!

No comments: