Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, July 11, 2009

A good fit


I bop around on various social network sites: MySpace, Facebook, Goodreads, etc. I dutifully check them once a week or so to update my 'status' and I check if I get an email that tells me someone has posted a note to me.

I think of these as obligatory promo spots where I hang out briefly but none of them have really been a hit with me. They're all places that are intriguing, but I don't much care.

Twitter, though ....

I know -- Twitter? My life in 140 characters (or less)? It's taken me a few weeks, but I'm finding myself more and more fascinated by it. I have a fairly small amount of 'friends' (I hate calling them 'followers'), and I follow most of them in return. It's a very, very interesting way of interacting with total strangers. I only see a tiny slice of their life (unlike Facebook or MySpace, where I can easily see a 'history'). And I see such a wide variety of people, interests, ideas, thoughts. I get directed to interesting blogs and web sites, and it's very easy to 'turn off' and ignore.

Yep. It might be my niche. It suits me so well: I have a short attention span, I like to work fast (no matter what I do), and I like a wide variety of people/places/things.

Check with me in a month and see if the bloom is off the vine yet ::grin::

No comments: