Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Vacations I have known


On one of my other blogs, we were talking about vacations -- what would be the perfect vacation? I blogged on Wednesday about an all-expense paid trip around the world with someone else making all the travel arrangements and seeing to it that I got ferried from Point A to Point B as needed.

Well, next week is a different kind of vacation, and I'm looking forward to it just as much. I was trying to articulate why I enjoy 'at home vacations' so much and I came to this conclusion: when I have time at home I have ... time. I don't have to be focused, I don't have to be on a schedule, I don't have to accomplish X amount in Y time. I have the freedom to think and allow my mind to wander. Usually I have to be so focused in order to get all I do accomplished. But a Home Vacation means no worries for a few days.

I am SO needing that!

No comments: