Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Time warp

I looked at the calendar and next week is Thanksgiving!

What is it about November and December -- they always seem to fly past and suddenly I'm looking around and it's February. Which might be a good thing, because January can be a dragging kind of month here in Minnesota.

I have a theory ... of course. Time flies when you're busy (well, duh, you say). And that explains why it feels like this year of publication has raced past. It seems like just yesterday I was signing my first contract and doing some research about promotion.

Here I am, a year later, and while I don't know EVERYTHING to know about publishing, I feel like I've learned one heck of a lot. I think I know what works for me, what doesn't, and what to focus on next year.

Next year. Almost time to turn the calendar. Yikes! Have I met my goals for this year? Let's see, where'd I put those goals ...

No comments: