Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Saturday, October 09, 2010

This is what it should be like ...

I forgot how much fun it was to write novels.

That sounds odd from someone who has 5 books out this year, but this summer was a challenge. I was working on a book that was like pulling teeth. I just didn't feel INTO the book. I wasn't in the characters' heads, I didn't feel their emotions. I was going through the motions.

Then, on vacation, I had an idea for a completely different kind of book. And suddenly my writing mojo is back.

This tells me a very important thing about me: my writing is, at least at first, 90% inspiration. After that it's 100% craft, but if I don't have that initial kick of inspiration, it's a P.I.T.A. to write.

So, lemons/lemonade. Clouds/silver lining. You know the schtick.

Back to the book. It's getting good ...

No comments: