Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Sunday, August 01, 2010

My 25th anniversary: let me count the ways

I was married 25 years ago today. We've had our ups and downs, but we're still together and I think we will be, into the foreseeable future.

How do I remember this? Let me count the ways:
  • 8 changes of address
  • 7 job changes for me
  • 9 job changes for him
  • 9 pets (4 still with us)
  • 16 books (me)
  • 3 more college degrees (me)
  • 1 college degree (him)
  • 8 sculptures (him) + many pieces of furniture
  • 2 fathers who died
  • 4 nieces, 1 nephew, 1 grand-nephew, 1 grand-niece
  • 50 lbs. gained; 40 lbs. lost (me). Sigh.
  • 2 states lived in (PA and MN)
  •  18 states visited
  • at least 20 home computers (I've lost count)
  • 2 total landscape make-overs
  • 8 cars (3 still with us)
What does that all add up to?

A life with someone who knows me as I am and can still tolerate me.




Priceless.

No comments: