Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This is what it means to be "deadline driven"

BIG deadlines at my day job. I'm a writer (ha, surprise), and we have a major release coming up (software). We're at that point in the process where the programmers are giving me changes for the documentation because it's really better at this point to change the docs, not the code.

Today one of our tools used to produce the help totally threw me for a curve. I found a MAJOR bug -- 36 hours before I have to turn in my help files to production!

::deep breath::

Yes, it will all turn out okay. I have tonight & tomorrow to make it right. And to be honest -- they'll probably change the damn release date. They always do.

You know what I did to get through my brief moment of panic? I made up a list of all the things I want to do when I retire. I'm going to revisit it every now and then. I'm just going to close my eyes and think, "Hmm. I have all the time in the world. What should I do today?"

Pleasant dreams!

No comments: