Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Once again ... give thanks

I heard today that an old acquaintance of mine has terminal cancer. I haven't seen her for years, but have kept in touch with her peripherally all this time. She's younger than me by about 5 years, and as far as I know, has lived a healthy life all her life. She's in stage 4, and the prognosis is obviously grim.

Once again: pause, think, and reflect. Health is the most important thing, followed by financial security, emotional security, etc.

This news came as I was worrying about whether I was releasing too many books too fast. It's a reminder to me:

This is life. It is not a rehearsal. We may not get tomorrow.

I'm going to release the books as I see fit and not worry about 'saturating' the market. I think it can handle 4 books a year.

A timely reminder, albeit a grim one.

No comments: