Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Live and Learn


Well, I'm back from my conference. It was fun ... sort of.


First off, let me say, I am not a South Beach kinda person. I am just not into the whole style scene. So when I saw Hummer limos and Armani shops, I knew I was out of my element. I didn't mind that, really. I was just a tourist, and who cares what's normal for that part of the world?


And the beach was nice. It was fun to take long walks on the beach and look at what the tide washed in (usually very pleasant organic things, like shells).


And the hotel room was nice. A great view of Biscayne Bay on one side, the ocean on the other.


But ... there's always a but ... it was WAY too expensive for what I got out of it. I've been to other conferences where I paid about half what I paid for this one (in room, food, and fees) and got far more out of those other conferences. So I am chalking this one up to experience, taking the few morsels of information I got, and will try to build on those. I'm one of those 'glass half-full' people, I guess.


It's good to be back to the routine and good to pay $2.50 for a bag of apples, not just for one apple (could I make this up?) I suppose we don't know what sanity is until we go someplace that's a little bit ... crazy.


No comments: