Scribbles and thoughts ...

These are ramblings from J L Wilson, published author of romantic suspense, mystery, and paranormal -time travel fiction....

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A day late ...

... but not a dollar short -- I typed "The End" last night to my latest WIP.

This book gave me Fits with a capital "F". I couldn't get into the plot, I wasn't involved with the characters, yada yada yada. I finally realized that I was trying to make it Character A's book and it was really Character B's book. So I went back, changed a few things, beefed up Character A's role but made it Character B's book. Once I did that, it went a lot better.

So now I can truly relax over this holiday. I have to do a ton of promo which I let slack while I was writing and I have to cook and get the house decorated for Christmas, but hey, those things are easy compared to struggling with a book that doesn't want to be written!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey JL. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm very grateful to you for so many things. You are such a fantastic confident and thinker who always talks reason.

And ya know, I think you have to take down that "just-published" tag on your blog. :) No longer qualifies. Congrats on finishing the new WIP!! I look forward to the newsletter.